Seats are classified as 1. Category A seats 2. Category B seats
Category A seats – 70% of the sanctioned intake are under this category and these seats are filled by EAMCET Convenor.
Category B seats – 30% of the sanctioned intake in each course are made by the competent authority of the Government of A.P. through on-line admission process.
II B.Tech( Lateral Entry )
- A candidate should have completed 16 years of age as on 31st December of the Academic Year for which the admissions are being conducted.
- NRI Candidates (sons and daughters of NRIs) – 5% – Eligibility: A pass in the qualifying examination with not less than 50% of marks in the prescribed group subjects or 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination or CGPA equivalent to 5 on a scale of 10.
- The remaining seats shall be filled with candidates including from other States and Union Territories who have secured rank at AIEEE and secured not less than 45% of marks in the prescribed group subjects in the qualifying examination.
- The seats remaining unfilled from (ii) & (iii) above shall be filled with eligible candidates on merit basis who have passed the qualifying examination (10+2) of the Board of Intermediate Education, A.P. with the prescribed group and obtained at least 45% marks in the prescribed group / 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories and secured a rank at the Common Entrance Test.
- The seats remaining unfilled from (ii), (iii) & (iv) above shall be filled with candidates on merit basis securing not less than 45% (40% in case of reserved categories) in the prescribed group subjects taken together / aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
An additional 10% are admitted at lIB.Tech. level under lateral entry scheme based on ECET rank from diploma and B.Sc. streams.M.Tech
Admission for M.Tech. programmes
Seats are divided into two categories :
1. Category A seats – 70% 2. Category B seats – 30%
Category A seats are filled by the Convenor and Category B seats by the Institution.